United Nation Van Lines - moving across the state or country! Professional Long Distance Moving Services.
The do it yourself approach to moving is very popular because it can save you money. However, that is not always the case. Interestingly, when the costs blow out in a DIY move, they usually end up being more expensive than the cost of a professional move.
To gauge which is the better and more cost-effective option, consider these factors:
- Cost of renting a truck – the rental as well as associated costs like gas
- On the road expenses – hotels, tolls, food and water, as well as the value of your own time
- Unforeseen circumstances – Can you change a truck tire? Diagnose a breakdown? Cope with the delay and the “Are we there yet?”
- Labor – the physical effort of loading and unloading, or the relatively higher cost of just hiring labor for that
- Damage – even if you have home and contents insurance, the policy may not cover damage and loss caused by non-professional movers
All those expenses and contingencies are covered when you hire a reputable moving company. Reach out to us for an instant quote today. You may be surprised at how affordable we are.