The do it yourself approach to moving is very popular because it can save you money. However, that is not always the case. Interestingly, when the costs blow out in a DIY move, they usually end up being more expensive than the cost of a professional move.
To gauge which is the better and more cost-effective option, consider these factors:
- Cost of renting a truck – the rental as well as associated costs like gas
- On the road expenses – hotels, tolls, food and water, as well as the value of your own time
- Unforeseen circumstances – Can you change a truck tire? Diagnose a breakdown? Cope with the delay and the “Are we there yet?”
- Labor – the physical effort of loading and unloading, or the relatively higher cost of just hiring labor for that
- Damage – even if you have home and contents insurance, the policy may not cover damage and loss caused by non-professional movers
All those expenses and contingencies are covered when you hire a reputable moving company. Reach out to us for an instant quote today. You may be surprised at how affordable we are.